Sunday, November 7, 2010

Saturday, October 30, 2010 - Trick or Treating

What a crazy halloween we had this year. Since halloween was on Sunday it was kind of nice to spread out the weekend a little bit. Have the school and work party on Friday, go trick or treating on Saturday, and the actual holiday on Sunday. Too bad the weather was the worst on Saturday when it really mattered. It was kind of gloomy all day.

Our ward had a chili cookoff at 4:00 pm on Saturday, I actually made some chili for the cookoff but we never made it to the church. We were still running around trying to get things ready. When we were finally ready I snapped a few pictures on the porch before we headed out.

Anastyn (bumblebee), Gordon (Fred), and Taeya (Daphne)


Passing out candy to the first trick or treaters (they were early, about 5:00).

The cutest bumblebee ever (at least in my opinion!)

And the cutest Daphne ever. Taeya really didn't like this wig cause it itched her head. I guess I should have just styled her own hair, no one really knew who she was anyway (we should've had her carry around a Scooby Doo doll). By day 3 of wearing this wig off and on it is looking pretty hamered.

So we took our pictures, hoped in the car and went to a few houses that looked spooky on Canyon Road. When we got back home the rain didn't seem to be letting up so we grabbed our umbrella's and headed out. Anastyn made it next door before she started crying so I quickly took her home (figured it wasn't worth taking her if she was going to cry). By this time it is pretty windy and raining, so the combination made it cold. We made it down the street and to the haunted house at the Gates house before the girls (Taeya and Brielle) were crying that they wanted to go home and that their hands were "tingling," (numb from the cold). So I took them home and stuck them in a bubble bath. Anastyn thought she needed some bubbles too.

Sadly we didn't make it trick or treating as the Scooby Doo gang (minus scooby and shaggy that is!) and no one really saw my costume because by the time I got home with Taeya my wig had blown off and I was soaking wet so I changed right after we got this picture taken of Gordon and I together. (My wig looks a little scary, like I said it was really wet and windy outside)!

The girls took a nice long bath, got in their pajamas and had some hot chocolate to warm themselves up, then just played around. We had some really fun visitors, Jeremy, Sarah and Crew, and Austin, Ariel, Whitney and Rowan. By about 8:00 the rain had stopped and the girls were ready to go out again. I hung out with Whitney, Ariel, and baby Rowan while Gordon and Lawni took the girls out again as "pajama girls." We ended up having a lot more trick or treaters than I expected and the girls got a lot more candy than I expected!(Taeya, Rowan, and Brielle - isn't he adorable, he looks just like him mama!)

4 comments:

kelly jewell said...

Love ALL of your Halloween posts! Cutest bumblebee ever is right!! Love the scooby family too. Awesome.

The Peets said...

I love all of your costumes! You guys always look so good! I can't believe no one knew who Taeya was!? Weird.

The Steel's said...

Those are the best costumes ever! I love them! You have such a darling family! Anastyn is looking a lot more like Taeya, they are beautiful little girlies!

kelly jewell said...

Bran,

Will you do me a favor and try to post a comment on my blog. Let me know if it works or not.