Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus

In the beginning of December Mr. and Mrs. Claus visited Gordon's work. Taeya enjoyed sitting on Santa's lap. She told him that she wanted a "hair cutter thing." Way before Thanksgiving "Toys R Us" sent out the big toy book. As Taeya was looking through the book she pretty much wanted everything in the catalogue. She spent some extra time looking at "The Hair Cutter Thing" which is a salon chair, vanity, and little caddy that holds pretend color bowl, brushes, etc. I didn't realize that she REALLY wanted this item until she came home from school with her Christmas list, and the only thing on it was "Hair Cutter Thing." Now, I had a little chat with Santa and he and I feel that this gift might not be the best for Taeya. It's really cute that she wants to be like mom, but I am afraid she might really cut someones hair - all for fun of course! So we have extended her Christmas list to also include a jeep (a power wheel), and a bike.

(Sorry you need your magnifying glass to look at this pictures, but the image that was emailed to us is really small!)

This is the list Taeya made at school.

So far I think Taeya is on Santa's "naughty" list. I had to call him a few weeks ago and tell him not to come because Taeya wasn't being good at all. I told her that I will call him back when she is being good. It hasn't helped and she is still on the "naughty list." I am still waiting for a good day so I can call him back and tell him to come. We might be waiting for a while! Gordon says I need to figure out a way to call him back because you can't really follow through and give a 3 year old nothing for Christmas, can you?

2 comments:

Duncahoo said...

I love it! Ava says she is on the naughty list with swiper!

McIntire Madness said...

Haha, I thought about doing that but I have learned to never promise what I can't follow through with!