Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Blessing Day

It was an important week-end for these 2 beautiful girls. Asilia, my neice, got baptized on Saturday and Anastyn was blessed on Sunday, October 11, 2009. What a great weekend. The baptism was Saturday morning and Saturday afternoon we went to a condo in Heber and ate lunch and swam in the pool. Everyone had a blast. (I forgot my camera so I don't have any photos from Saturday). We love Asilia so much and we were glad we were able to come see her be baptized. (Now when Taeya is in the bathtub she asks me if she can be pretend to be baptized as she rinses her hair!)

Gordon gave Anastyn such a sweet blessing on Sunday and she looked so pretty in her new white dress that my mom and I made (mostly my mom). We ate taco salads at our house afterwards. It was a pleasant day and we really enojoyed spending time with our family and friends. It's amazing how sweet and innocent these little babies are. I feel so blessed to have a healthy, happy baby, and I am honered to be her mother.

Our Little Family

As we were making Anastyn's dress, Taeya kept asking me where her new dress was, so we bought her a new dress also. She loved it and wore it all day long!


Taeya and all her cousins (or her "friends" as she calls them) enjoyed playing in the playroom, her bedroom, and jumping on the tramp.

Collin building a marble tower.

Kierra, Kenzly, and Asilia playing with the Poly Pockets.

Anastyn and Grandma Elaine (Gordon's mom), who Anastyn is named after. In the blessing Gordon mentioned that his mom is one of the most generous people we know and he blessed Anastyn that she would follow her example. It was really sweet and brought us all to tears.

The Kennard's
Lee, Gordon, Anastyn, Cheryl, Sean, Elaine, and Brandalyn

My Sweet Anastyn in her pretty dress.

My brother Ryan and his son, Daylen.

The Andrews Family
Garrick, Mariel, Ryan, Chantel, Kimberly, Brandalyn, Dad and Mom

Papa and Nana with Anastyn (my mom and dad).



Garrick, Jayne, Anastyn, and Kelly

Skyler, Zach, Matt, Mariel, Anastyn, and Asilia

Jeanine and Howard Andrews (my aunt and uncle).

Kenzly, Karsten, Anastyn, Kimberly, Kimball, Kierra

Collin, Cael, Chantel, Anastyn, Cynthia, and Cameron

3 comments:

McIntire Madness said...

So fun to see pics of your family! Everyone looks great.

Unknown said...

What a great post! It really was a nice blessing and you'll be so glad you've documented it so well. Glad we were there to hear it.

Heats said...

Did you really say that Taeya wore her dress all day long? I love Blessing Days. The babies are so sweet.