Friday, October 16, 2009

3 Weeks old

My sweet baby is now 3 weeks old (10/06/09). I already find myself feeling sad that she is getting big so fast. Babies are small for such a short amount of time. I forgot how much I really do enjoy a little baby. Of course I don't get anything done, I have a back-ache by the end of the day from holding her, and I have a few more wrinkles under my eyes from lack of sleep, but I guess it's all worth it.

Anastyn really is a good baby. She has finally given me a 4 hour stretch of sleep which makes me feel a million times better in the morning. She still grunts and grunts, and she is still a snacker. I guess I should fill the prescription for the reflux medication to see if that helps.


Taeya is quite the big sister. She loves her little sister a little too much. She always tells me she wants to hold her on her chest like the picture above. Although she says "I want to hold her like this," and she taps her chest with one hand. Thank goodness Anastyn doesn't seem to mind being "thrown" around a little.


We refer to Anastyn as "Miss Goopy Eyes." She has had a clogged tear duct since she was about a week old. It started in her left eye, then moved to the right. The corner of her eye is red and a little sore so hopefully this problem won't last too much longer.


Taeya is doing pretty good with the new addition to our family but she's definitely requiring a little more attention. She used to be able to entertain herself in the play room or her bedroom but now she wants me to play with her. She has reverted to biting (not as often, thank goodness). She even bit Anastyn the other day. Taeya was holding her on the couch and all the sudden she started crying hard, I asked Taeya what was wrong and she told me she bit her. Sure enough she had little bit marks on her fingers. I got mad at Taeya and she started to cry and acted like I had hurt her feelings. I am not sure why she did it, she told me it was because "she wanted too," but hopefully it won't happen again! I guess we can always hope that next week she will be better.

2 comments:

Heats said...

Those two are so cute together! Taeya is growing up so fast when you compare her to her twin baby sis!

Unknown said...

You're getting some great shots of your girls together. Kira always wants to hold Alayna on chest too!