Sunday, August 2, 2009

Daylen and Taeya's B-day Party

My nephew Daylen's birthday was July 11th, and Taeya's was July 25th, so we decided to have a combined family party on July 18th. We went up to Nunn's park and had a BBQ. The kids roasted marshmellows and enjoyed the canyon. Cake, Ice Cream, and Presents were a highlight for both Taeya and Daylen.

I made Taeya a barbie cake this year. I was pretty happy with the way it turned out.


Taeya couldn't keep her hands off of it. She was so anxious to take a swipe!


Skler, Kierra, and Taeya had a good time playing around. I am not sure why Taeya was being silly, but I couldn't get her to smile. I think the only thing she ate at the party was the hamburger bun she is holding, a lot of chips, and some cake! I am such a good mom.

The birthday kids! Daylen and Taeya with their cakes.


All the kids: Kimball, Kierra, Daylen, Zachary, Taeya, Skyler, and Asilia

Aunt Kristy got a sparkler candle that had a 3 on it, but she was afraid of it!

The preliminary eatings of the cake, she just couldn't resist!


When is was finally time to eat the cake, I cut a slice and she got mad because she thought she could eat the whole thing herself. Since Daylen had such a large cake I decided she might as well go for it. After a few minutes she let Kierra join in the eating fun!

She loved all of her great presents, she was especially excited about her new nightgown from nana. She had to put it on immediately.

After the canyon we went to my mom and dads and lit fireworks. It took her a while to warm up to the sparklers, but she finally joined in the fun. We had a fun birthday party! The next day she didn't quite understand that she really wasn't 3 yet, so we just pretended that she was!

4 comments:

The Milligan Blog said...

Wow! Look at that cake, I had no idea!! :) Love the pic of Taeya with that face where she's about to take a dive into to her cake! Cute pics..

Unknown said...

I love the cake I am SO impressed!!!

C Hall said...

Man. Your barbie cake is way better than mine ever were! And I love that you let Taeya go for it with the cake. That is so funny! Sad I couldn't be of assistance with the invites this year, but they turned out SO cute!

I was meaning to tell you that Jen had her baby on July 29--Chloe. We're looking forward to hearing all about your new little guy/girl. Not long now!

Heats said...

Holy smokes! That cake is beautiful! Happy Birthday Taeya!! I have your present still!!!