Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween Half

After I ran the half marathon in June I didn't really have an incentive to run. I was still running, but not nearly as much as I had been. I needed some motivation so I signed up for the "Halloween Half." I had heard it was a lot of fun, it wasn't too expensive and the timing was great since it gave me reason to run in the fall. Those long Saturday runs leading up to the marathon were a little tricky to get in due to fun events, but I made it happen!

I had a few neighbors/friends running so we all drove together early Saturday morning. We had to park at the university mall and we were bused up to Aspen Grove. The run ended at Riverwoods so it was super annoying! It was freezing cold and the line was incredibly long to get on the bus. I brought along some warm clothes and the time went by quickly waiting for the run to start. It was so crowded during the first 5 miles of the run that I lost my friends dodging people in the beginning!! That was okay because I always run by myself anyway.

Overall it was a good run. I was slightly disappointed with my time which was 1:48:52 (1 minute slower than my first half). My average was 8:19 per mile, and I was 83rd in the women 30-34 category. I can't beat myself up over it. It was a totally different course, I had been running a ton more previously, and I still had a great time. (At least to me!)

The first marathon I was dying at mile 11 and it pretty much continued til the end. This one I got tired, but it wasn't quite as bad. Maybe cause there were more people cheering you on at the end?? I still don't know if I ever want to do a full marathon, the thought of doubling the miles is a little overwhelming at this point in my life, but who knows?!

(These 3 pictures I stole from Zazoosh, that's why they are so small). Pictures of me coming down the last stretch (the only pictures zazoosh had of me, probably because I had my long sleeve shirt on til the last few miles).



Me, Kelly Hinds, and Brenda Harr - we did it!!

0 comments: