Wednesday, December 22, 2010

New Christmas Skirts

Heather and I made Christmas skirts for the girls this year and I think they turned out really cute.  In the past when I have sewn I think about how much time I wasted making this "whatever," when I could have bought something equally as cute, for the same amount of money, and a lot less time.  But this time I actually felt pretty good about it.  I bought the fabric at Hobby Lobby and each skirt ended up being $5 and I think they turned out really great and unique. 

Heather and I have had out eye on this pattern since the summer and we finally got around to doing something with it.  The fabric was a little bit of a pain to work with so as always, it took a little longer than expected, but thanks to Heather I finished both skirts on time! 

Taeya was so excited to wear her "lady bug costume."  She got ready quicker than she usually does because she was so excited.  We even tried putting her hair in sponge rollers for the first time.  Doesn't she look so cute?!

This was as good as I could get of the girls together.  Anastyn's skirt ended up being really long, so she will be able to wear it for a few more years!!

We took our own family shot right after church.

I liked this picture better cause you could see the girls skirts but our little Taeya was being silly and not smiling!  Oh-well.

2 comments:

{Jason and Elan} said...

Their skirts are so cute! They do look like little lady bugs!

Heats said...

Lady but or not I think they turned out great and I like the price even more. That was so much fun actually. I like our projects. It's fun.