Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Taeya's New Ride

When Taeya was getting potty trained in February of 2009 I made the mistake of putting diapers on her during the night - at least I think it was a mistake with her. A year and a few months later she was still wearing diapers to bed. I think she was just getting lazy and didn't want to get up during the night. About a month ago I started making her wear underwear to bed in the hopes that she would just wake up - turns out she doesn't care if she wets the bed during the night, it was just a lot of work for me! The first night that she woke up to go to the bathroom we bought her a new bike. Each night she was dry Gordon would put one piece of the bike together, 2 weeks later, she finally earned the bike and has been dry ever since!

Taeya on her new bike - April 11, 2010

She was so excited she had to ride over to Livvy's to show her bike off!

So that night Taeya, Brynn and Kira were playing in the front yard. We ran inside for a few minutes and when we came out the girls were gone - she was with Brynn so we weren't too worried. A few minutes later a neighbor drove to our house and told us that Taeya had an accident. Apparently Taeya asked Brynn to take her for a ride on Brynn's bike. They got down the street and Brynn fell (maybe cause Taeya was on the front), when Brynn fell Taeya got her foot caught in the spokes. One of the neighbor kids saw it happened, ran and got his dad and his dad had to cut the spokes to get her foot out. At first she wouldn't even let us touch it and I was a little worried about it, but as the night went on she seemed to be putting a little weight on it.

We finally convinced her to soak it in epsom salt, Brielle wanted to soak her feet too! (Taeya had to wear her coat because it was cold water!)



We now have new rules about the bike: only one rider at a time, and shoes and helmet have to be worn! Thank goodness that we escaped with only a few cuts, bruising and swelling - it could have been a lot worse.

5 comments:

The Peets said...

I swear Taeya is so accident prone. She always has new boo boo's! But she is one tough little girl!

The Milligan Blog said...

I cant believe you did all this in that little time frame at my house!!!!! No wonder you are so good at blogging!!! You are fast woman!! Cute posts!! Thanks again for helping me with mine today. By the way, one of the ones you left out was YOUR BLOG!! :)

kelly jewell said...

Oh no! I didn't even know. Poor girl and scary! Love the new rules. Tell her I love her!

kelly jewell said...

Wait...and I meant to say that I loved your good idea about the potty/bike put together. Well done!

McIntire Madness said...

I learned that lesson myself as a kid. I ripped up my foot so bad from the spoke you could see bone and the ankle sprained! I'm glad she escaped with minor injuries.