Sunday, April 11, 2010

New Hair Cut

I've always been afraid that Taeya would cut her hair so I have talk to her and tell her that Me and Nana are the only ones who cut hair but I guess all my talking did no good! On Monday, March 22nd, Brielle and Taeya were playing at my house. They were out on the deck playing on the steps, I couldn't see what they were doing but I figured they were fine. A few minutes later I look out and Taeya is sitting on the top steps and Brielle has a lock of Taeya's hair and chops it off with the scissors. I ran outside in shock! They had not only cut Taeya's hair, but also Alyson's poor doll that we had borrowed earlier that day, hair was scattered all over the grass.

I still don't know the whole story but this is what I think happend, I had been commenting on how long Taeya's pigtails were getting and I think in her mind that meant she needed to cut her hair. I am pretty sure that Taeya told Brielle to cut it. She cut quite a few chunks - all out of the back thankfully. One section by her ear is only about an inch long, but otherwise they are just sparatic chunks throughout the back.

I took her to the salon that night to see what I could do to salvage it. The back is pretty short, but she keeps getting compliments so it must not be too bad. She looks cute with short hair, and of course it's only hair and it will grow. Just don't look to close and it looks great!

This is the picture I took of her hair at the salon right before I cut it - sadly I was using my old camera and it really doesn't take very good pictures. You can't even tell, but at least you can see the length.

The after picture I took didn't work out either, so this is a picture that I took the next day. The bad thing is that I now either have to round brush her hair or curl it - no more piggies for a while! And hopefully no more cutting - EVER. All the scissors are now out of reach!

2 comments:

Alyson Bailey said...

She looks beautiful no matter what! We have to have to have stories to tell them when they get get older I guess:)

McIntire Madness said...

Maybe the tradition will pass on one more generation!