Friday, August 29, 2008

Girls Week-end in Vegas

My sister Mariel had her birthday on August 4th and for her present her husband surprised her and sent her to Vegas to see Phantom of the Opera. We were all in on the surprise and made a girls weekend out of it. Unfortunately we were missing my mom, but everyone else came. We had a blast. We left Friday afternoon, picked up my sister-in-law Kristy in St. George and headed to Vegas.









Saturday morning we went to the Bodies Exhibit at the Luxor. It was really neat. (I just heard that the exhibit is here in Salt Lake right now. I highly recommend it).

After the exhibit it was off to the Bellagio for Pedicures! I had never had a pedicure at a nice salon before and it was enjoyable. Maybe not worth the $100 I had to spend, but definitely an experience. All of our toes looked fabulous for our next stop.....shopping.






We didn't have much time to shop so we just found some mall off of the strip. We ended up looking for gifts to bring home to the kids! Not great shopping.

After shopping we hurried back to the hotel to change. We ate at a restaurant inside the Venetian hotel. It is a sister company to the cheesecake factory and it was very delicious. Than is was show time! I was worried that I wouldn't enjoy Phatom very much since I had just seen it in May, but to my surprise I really did. I think we all did. The phantom's voice was awesome. (At least in my opinion).

Our last stop was the Bouchon Restaurant inside of the Venetian.
One of our friends is a chef at the restaurant and recommended it to us. We thought it would be fun to enjoy dessert there. It was really good. I got brownies and ice cream and it was the fanciest brownies and ice cream I have ever had.


Sunday morning we got up, ate breakfast, and drove home. It was sad to leave. We all had such a great time, we are going to make a Girls Weekend a yearly tradition!

0 comments: