Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July

I've decided that the 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. I love the time of year, I love that there is always a million activities to do, I love the time with family, and I love the fact that I live in a free country, and I am so thankful for the people who fought for that right. This year was a great 4th of July. We started the day off at the Provo Parade. I think the last time I went to the parade was when Taeya was 1 so it was time to go again. The girls had a great time. Gordon woke up early and did a long bike ride. He wanted to do the alpine loop but due to the fires in Alpine and AF Canyon the canyon was closed. He found another long route and met us at the parade shortly after it started. 

After the parade we grabbed some lunch and headed to 7 peaks for a few hours. This was the first time visiting the water park this year and we all had a great time. Taeya loved the slides, Anastyn was a little timid so we stuck with the pools! 

We had a BBQ at my moms after 7-peaks, Gordon made us yummy fries, we ate delicious food and just hung out. All the kids love being at my moms house and playing in the backyard and in the dress-ups, they never get bored. After the BBQ we headed to the Stadium of Fire. Gordon found a Daily Herald Deals for tickets so we didn't spend much and had a great time. Our seats were over on the east side, they weren't ideal seats but it didn't really matter. I thought the Beach Boys did awesome and it was fun to sing along. Anastyn got really sleepy at the end but they people next to us left early so she was able to lay down and relax at the end! What a fun day! I love being with family. 

Anastyn, Karsten, Taeya, and Kierra - notice the girls playing on the phones!  Sometimes I hate that phone! 
Yay! Dad made it.
Taeya and Kenzly
The whole gang - minus, me, Gordon and Kimball (he got a little lost for the first part of the parade:)
Anastyn loved the princesses
Here we are at 7 peaks - so much fun!
Gordon and the girls at the Stadi.um of Fire
Taeya and I
Gordon and Anastyn
Gordon and Taeya being silly!
Sleepy Anastyn - despite the look on her face I think she actually enjoyed the fireworks, they were just a little loud!
We wanted to do Taeya's hair like this for the 4th but we didn't have time so we did it for the Sunday after the 4th instead.  We got alot of compliments - it took way too long though!

0 comments: