Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day

I love holidays - any holiday, Gordon on the other hand doesn't really enjoy this particular holiday. He uses the excuse that it's too close to my birthday. I think he's a scrooge! The girls and I had a fun holiday. I made them pink oatmeal for breakfast. I helped out in Taeya's classroom during the party - I was in charge of the cookie decorating. Alyson helped me frost and deliver the rest of the cookies to my young women, and Gordon even came through that night with some yummy takeout. It turned out to be a fun/busy holiday for all of us!

Taeya getting ready for school and eating her pink oatmeal.
Anastyn finally ate hers after she was dressed!
I always enjoy helping out in Taeya's classroom.  I made sugar cookies that the kids decorated.   I think they all enjoyed it, especially putting on the sprinkles!

On the night before Valentines day I decided to turn the girls Christmas shirts into Valentine Day shirts.  I think they turned out pretty cute!
This is Anastyn's favorite place to be lately.  She hangs out in the cupboard of the entertainment center.  It's so funny, she really likes to have the door closed, good thing it has a light inside!

Once Alyson and I started frosting cookies the little girls had to join in!
So serious during the decorating.
Alyson and I decorated the rest of the cookies and delivered them to my young women and the ladies we visit teach.
Dad came home from work early and surprised us with take-out from brick oven - a heart shaped pizza, delicious pasta, garlic bread and rootbeer.  After we got the kids in bed we watched "Breakfast at Tiffany's."

2 comments:

{Jason and Elan} said...

How cute you are! I love the girls' Valentines shirts!

Heats said...

Super cute V-Day! I love the heart pizza! (you know why!!) We gotta get you caught up to date on your blog! It's just my sneaky way to get you to B town!