Sunday, February 19, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me

This year my birthday was on a Sunday, so we got to celebrate all weekend long. It was great. It started on Friday night at the Melting Pot with the Seaquists and the Baileys.  It was delicious, my favorite was definitely the dessert. 

Seth, Mary, Me, Alyson, Spencer, and Gordon

Saturday morning we slept in and got ready for the day. Garrick and Kelly made plans for us to go tubing with them in Park City at Gorgoza Park. It was a blast. We had to stretch the truth a little and say that Anastyn was 3 or the wouldn't have let her go on the tube run, but thanks to Kelly that was no problem, just $2 more! 


Anastyn absolutely loved tubing!
Riding up to the hill on the conveyor belt was a little scary for Anastyn
Taeya's tummy was hurting during our outing so she wasn't 100%, but we all still had a great time.
Kelly and I - it was a perfect day.  A little overcast so it wasn't super bright or super cold.  Just right!
I look a little crazy in this picture but I had to post it because it captured the moment so well - everyone was all smiles on our big train ride down.  When we got to the bottom Anastyn would say "again, again, again!!"

After tubing we headed over to the outlets and shopped around for a short time. Of course I would've preferred to stay a little longer but it was getting late and everyone was getting hungry. We went to cafe rio for dinner than headed to downtown Salt Lake where we had booked a hotel room for the night. We did priceline and got a room at the Sheraton. We were disappointed that the pool wasn't open just the hottub. 

At the hotel we enjoyed the hottub and watching some shows on TV.  I remember loving hotels when I was young so I thought the girls would enjoy it.  I think they did.
We have 1:00 church so we were able to get home in time to shower and get ready for church.  Taeya gave a talk on Choosing the Right and I substituted playing the piano during primary.  Taeya did a great job.
After church we went to my Mom and Dads for dinner.  My mom knows me well - I love Baskin Robbins ice cream cakes.  This one was delicious!
Taeya wrote me this letter.  It says "Happy Birthday Dear Brandalyn Kennard."  So, so cute!

For my presents I got a sewing machine case from Gordon and the girls. My mom, and Lee gave me money, Mariel got me a candle, Kelly gave me a case for my flat iron (we also spent an evening at Archivers Scrapbooking to celebrate my birthday which was so much fun!) Kimberly gave me a cookie decorating kit, Ryan and Kristy gave me a Michaels gift card, Mindi gave me a cute picture frame and earings, Alyson made me an awesome book, Lawni gave me a gift card to Nordstrom, Heather gave me some Tomms, and a gift card to Blue Lemon, Mary made me a cute half apron and included some yummy flavored almonds and some hand lotion. I also went to dinner at Olive Garden with the awesome woman I work with in Young Woman's. So many people love me and I am so grateful! I love birthdays. Too bad they just make you older!

0 comments: