Thursday, August 4, 2011

Girls Camp

I had a really fun time at girls camp this year.  I was able to stay most of the week thanks to Alyson and Elaine.  We went to Heber Valley this year, and our theme was "It's My Turn On Earth." This was the first time I had ever been there and I was really impressed.  It was nice and clean and had warm showers!  The weather was a little on the cooler side which was actually a good thing because we had to wear long pants all week.  We left our houses Monday morning.  Monday we had alot of downtime.  I don't think I've sat around that long in my life!  We played a fun little get-to-know-you activity and ate yummy food thanks to our camp cooks.  Tuesday we had lake time so we made the mile long hike/walk to the lake and back.  Wednesday was the ropes course day which was really fun.  We climbed up a telephone pole, walked along a wire about 30 feet long and zip lined down the other side.  It was a little scary at times but definitely fun.  Wednesday night we did skits.  The leaders did a silly lip sync to one of the songs from "It's My Turn On Earth."  Thursday we went on a nice long hike.  We ended up doing the hike in reverse so it was a little more challenging than we had originally planned but it was so beautiful and everyone felt like they had accomplished something hard when we were finished.  We made some really cute bracelets after lunch then I headed home to go to Ariel's wedding dinner.  I really love girls camp.  It's fun to get away for the week and see these awesome girls in a different setting!  It was a great, spiritual week.  I kindof hated to leave on Thursday afternoon - I felt like I was missing out on the finale by missing testimony meeting, oh well, Ariels wedding is important too!

Mackie, Alyssa, Brianna, Kira, someone from another ward, and Stacia

Kiersten, Laurel, Whitley, McKenzie, Noelle, and Maddie (Maggie Spencer in the back)

Sammy, Michelle, Naomi, Amara, and Gretel

Emma, Ashley, Jenikah, (I cant remember her name, she's not in our ward), and Savannah

Me and Mary ready to go on the zip line course.

Me climbing up the telephone pole.

Now this was the scary part, it was so wobbly!

Maggie made all of us leaders these eye masks which had ear plugs attached and thank goodness for those ear plugs!  We had some noisy sleepers (to put it nicely)!  Back row: Maggie Spencer, Staci Batchelor, Kate Alger, Deanna Meyer, Brenda McGeary.  Front row: Me, Susan Wagstaff, Mary Seaquist, Missy Peterson, and Sheila Trout

We had to take one with our cute eye masks on too!

On the hike, the view from the top which was so beautiful.  The is Maggie and I with the Beehives.  Backrow: Me, Stacia Daly, Maddi Peterson, Gretel Beal, Kira Hurst, Kiersten Schloer, Michelle DaSilva, Maggie Spencer.  Front Row: Amara Allinger, Noelle Spencer, Brianna Sanchez, Emma Hansen, Laurel Sanchez, Savannah Alger

0 comments: