Tuesday, August 30, 2011

1st Day of Kindergarten

The day before we left for California we went to Taeya's school and met Mrs. Reiber, Taeya's Kindergarten teacher.  We were so excited to get her as a teacher. She did a little assessment of Taeya.  She asked her all the sounds of the letters in the alphabet, which sight words she knew, her name, my name, address, phone number, and I had some paperwork to fill out.  Mrs. Reiber also showed Taeya around the classroom and showed her where to hang up her backback. Taeya is so excited for Kingergarten to start.


The first day of school finally arrived!  I had to wake Taeya up at 8am, and she popped right up!  School starts at 9:15am and gets out at 12:08pm. Anastyn and I drove Taeya to school and walked her into the classroom.  She was so excited.  We got to see her table and she picked out a book and started reading.  I figured there was no sense in staying and longer, so we gave her a hug and a kiss and left.  I kept wondering if it's bad that I wasn't sad to send her to school or if it's bad that I didn't cry.  I can't believe that Taeya is already 5 years old, and I am not ready for the schedule of school everyday, but it's so fun to see her grow and learn and I know school is an important part of her life.  It's kind of sad that she is not under my influence 95% of the day now but hopefully I'll continue to teach her well and she will grow up a confident, happy, healthy girl!
 




We picked Taeya up from school and we thought it would be fun to get a picture with the cougar.  She had a great first day of Kindergarten.

0 comments: