Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Triathalon

About three summer's ago, Gordon became a Triathlete. This season he was able to accomplish a few of his goals. The first one was to compete in an Olympic Distance Category. For those of you who don't know about triathalons there are 2 categories, Sprint and Olympic. Sprint is 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike, and 3 mile run. Olympic is double that so, 1 mile swim, 24 mile bike, and 6 mile run. He wanted to compete in a few differents tri's this summer, but for whatever reason the first one he was able to do was in St. George on September 22, called "Kokopelli". Unfortuntatly I wasn't able to go with him so I didn't get any pictures. In his opinion it wasn't a great race because he didn't do well on the run (it was hilly and in the dirt). But he finished and I was proud of him (it makes me tired just thinking about it). On October 4th he competed in a sprint triathalon in American Fork called the "Splash n Dash." At this tri he was able to accomplish another one of his goals for the year which was to get a medal in his category. He got first place!! Taeya and I were really proud of him. Unfortunatly, I didn't get any good pictures so I posted a few of the okay ones. By the way, did anyone notice Gordon got braces?!? He was able to get a great deal on them through work and he will only have to have them for about 8 months!

Taeya and Gordon after he finished

Gordon with his medal

Taeya "singing in the rain" (it was rainy and cold and she insisted on wearing her nightgown)

3 comments:

Tara said...

Nightgown picture cracks me up. So cute.

C Hall said...

Miss Taeya in the nightie is so classic. And, it gives me that twinge of satisfaciton, that you are just starting to have to endure giving up control of what your child wears :) (Don't take that the wrong way.)

She is such a doll. Aubrye still talks about how perfectly "matched" Taeya always is in all her outfits and hair bows. SHe is dying to get to babysit her. Maybe someday...

Melissa said...

Congrats Gordon! My dad has decided that our whole family should do that triathalon next year. I told him that I have to get the baby here before I can think about that :)