Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Years

We all love being at the cabin in the wintertime. Their is something so fun about being in the cozy cabin and playing in the snow all day. The roads to the cabin are closed in the winter because of all the snow and since we don't own snowmobiles we have to hike everything in. This is kind of a pain, but why am I complaining since Gordon is the one who does most of the work! This year we got the girls all bundled up for our hike. Anastyn was in the Baby Bjorn and we had walked about 20 feet when some nice family offered us a ride up to the cabin and us girls took them up on the offer (I think they felt bad for me because I was offered a ride 3 different times this weekend and I really think it was because of the baby!) We went right in and turned on the heater and Gordon took 3 more loads from the car. Thank goodness Anastyn was all bundled up because it was COLD inside for a good 2 hours.

While we were getting things uploaded Anastyn hung out in her bear suit. She didn't seem to mind and she was nice and toasty!

Taeya was so excited to go skiing. She did great this weekend and Gordon thinks she is ready for the ski slope now. This picture shows how he would carry her up the hill, then let her ski down.



Anastyn and I enjoyed watching.

A nice man snowboarding down the hill stopped to ask is we wanted him to take our picture. It was a beautiful New Years Eve evening.

Gordon had been getting Taeya all excited to bang pots and pans at midnight. At about 8:30 pm we pretended it was New Years. Taeya had a great time banging the pans.

I joined in the fun for a few minutes.

Gordon and Taeya made a pots and pans drum set.

This is my "goopey eye" girl just waking up on New Years day. This is what I call her almost every morning when she can't quite get her eye open. It is always the left eye, and it has been since she was about 2 weeks old. It makes me laugh to see the one eye so wide and alert and the left one stuck closed.

During our weekend we did a lot of sledding. Taeya always wanted to sled with dad for some reason. So he got both girls and I went solo. We raced and I usually won!

The rest of the weekend was spent doing a puzzle, trying out a new recipe in our "bouchon" cookbook, x-country skiing, and watching a lot of "Snow White." What a happy new year!

2 comments:

McIntire Madness said...

Looks like fun! Btw, Ethan had a goopy eye as well and my sister-in-law swore that rubbing it opened the clogged duct. I did it for two days and it was no longer clogged! My pediatrician told me that didn't work, but I am now a believer!

Alyson Bailey said...

that cabin really is the best! summer or winter it's really pretty up there. And I have to say that you guys have one cute little family. I wish I could have heard that pots and pans band!