Monday, May 20, 2013

Peacock Costume

All the first graders went on a field trip to the zoo. Their assignment afterwards was to pick an animal from the zoo and write a report. Taeya chose peacocks. She wrote a long report on peacocks and did a great job. A week or so after the report was written the students were asked to dress like the animal. Parents were invited and we walked around the classroom and when we pressed the imaginary button the students would tell us 3 facts about their animal. It was a fun assignment for Taeya.

As a side not about her costume....I stressed a little bit about this. We were told about the assignment a few weeks prior. I searched and searched online and found some Halloween costumes that I should've just ordered. I didn't love it (I always have a vision and can't ever seem to find the vision!) so I kept searching. Well, it came down to the wire and I was kicking myself for not just ordering it. I spent even more time making a costume and just as much money!! I did turn out cute so I guess it's all good in the end.

Anastyn had dance immediately after the "musem" at school so she came with me in her dance clothes.
My cute peacock, or "peafowl" to be proper:)
A shot of the back. It really did turn out cute.
She was a very happy peacock.
My cute Taeya at school, ready to give me her 3 facts about peafowl.
Taeya and her friend Ella - Ella was a cheetah.

This is the cover of Taeya's report that was hanging outside of her classroom.

0 comments: