Saturday, July 2, 2011

Lake Powell

Right after I finished running the half marathon we hopped in the car and headed to Lake Powell (boy was I sore when we got there).  The Huntsman family invited us and we had a great time.  We were sad that several family members weren't able to come this year.:(  Thanks to Kelly for her awesome job on the food and to the Huntsmans for providing the houseboat.  We had a nice, relaxing week!

Our Little Family

Taeya ringing the dinner bell.

My cuties - what is it with these buckets of water?  There is a lake 5 feet away and Anastyn chose to spend her time in the bucket.  Maybe she liked the warmer water??

Me and Gordon

Gordon and Anastyn - the kids loved this blow up jetski.

Jayne and Kelly - I know this picture is a little blurry, but I didn't get very many pictures (other than out on the boat, or my kids), so I had to include Jayne and Kelly - things are no fun with out them around!

Cael, Anastyn, and Jayne - Jayne had this great little DVD set-up in the "hideout" as Taeya calls it.  The little kids loved it down there.


The Hobie cat was a fun addition to Lake Powell this year.  The bad thing was that no-one really knew how to sail.  It was quite entertaining to watch all these "men" try and figure it out.  We got a lot of great laughs when the Women decided to join them out on the Lake.  Lets just say I was really glad we weren't in the ocean and I could still see the houseboat!

Taeya attempted to waterski - she just wouldn't stand up - silly girl.  At least she's still smiling.

Cameron also learned to waterski - first try - I love Gordon's excitement in the background!  Cameron wanted to go and go - I was afraid we were going to loose Gordon!

Gordon is an awesome teacher and he taught Cael to waterski - he popped up his first try!

Anastyn and I

My Sweet Taeya

Wakeboarding with Dad

Anastyn saying "cheese" while watching Taeya and Dad

Taeya loves the lake just like her dad and is usually the 2nd one in the water - 2nd to Gordon of course!

Gordon really wanted Anastyn to wakeboard with him - she didn't really like it.  To try and help the situation I let her go with her binki, it didn't really help.


Still crying.....she needed lots of snuggling from mom when she was done.  Maybe she'll like it better next year?
 
One thing that I got to try this year was surfing.  Every year we've gone to the lake with the Huntsmans I've been pregnant.  So this year I didn't pass up the opportunity.

It was harder than I thought it would be, but after a few tries I kind of figured it out - at least I figured out how to get up!

I thought I'd try and let go....

I guess it was too soon!


Cameron and Kimball enjoying themselves.

Me, Kimberly, C.J., Chantel, and Collin - Every year we go to Lake Powell my dad always says he wants to go to Hole in the Rock - well this year he finally got his wish.  We weren't really planning to go all the way to the top, but we did, and it was kindof tough.  I don't know how those pioneers did it.  I definitely have a deaper appreciation for all the hardships they had to endure.  There was a nice couple at the top who took our picture than emailed it to us!

Taeya and Kierra on the Barge - leaving the lake.:( 

We really did have a great trip - the girls were great, the food was so yummy, the weather was realively good, the company was awesome, what more could you ask for?

1 comments:

The Milligan Blog said...

you look in such great shape in all these Powell pictures!!!! You are so tiny!!! way to go bran!! ;)