Monday, August 23, 2010

Girls Camp

The last week of July was girls camp at Mutual Dell. Originally I was just going to go Thursday and Friday but thanks to Gordon' mom who came and watched the girls I was able to go the whole time. She watched the girls Tuesday and Wednesday, Amy Tippetts watched them Thursday and Alyson watched them Friday morning til I got home. Since I am still nursing Anastyn I did come home at night with the exception of Thursday night to Friday. I had a great time, it was so much fun to be with the awesome girls in my ward. They were so much fun and it was fun to see their true personalities come through.

The whole gang Tuesday morning before we headed to Mutual Dell.


I went on the 5 mile hike with the 2nd years Kenzie, Jenikah and McKenna - it actually ended up being a 3.5 mile hike because of some miscommunication but it was a great morning for hiking and it was so beautiful.

Such cute girls - Emma, McKenna, Lindsey, Julia, Carlie, Noelle and Lizzy


Our ward got a little frustrated with the tardiness of other wards - especially on the morning of the hike, so for our reward Sister Redd let us borrow the snow cone maker and brought us a gallon of ice cream and flavoring, we had our very own "snowasis" at camp!


For some reason the girls were really into painting their faces - this is Jenika looking a little scary.


As a stake, Thursday afternoon was spend tieing quits that were taken to Guademala the next day with our Bishop Redd. We tied 92 quilts total. I helped Kira, Noelle, and Madison tie this one.


Our ward at devotional Thursday night.

1 comments:

The Milligan Blog said...

Ahhhh, Girls Camp!!! I love it!! It actually seems like it really would be so much fun! You really are such a fun leader and really are awesome in your YM calling!! They couldn't have picked a better person to be involved!! Love the braids! Reminds me of me when I went to Girls Camp :) Love it!