Saturday, May 30, 2009

Scrapbooking Week-end

My friend Jodi has been talking about having a scrapbooking week-end at her cabin for a while now, and we finally made it happen. We had a great time. We left on Friday afternoon around 4:00 pm. Her cabin is in Heber, so we made the short drive, took a little tour of the cabin, and got to work.


We stopped working for dinner (which was yummy and cheap thanks to Costco), to see the moose and deer family that walked right by the cabin, and for the fabulous 1 hour massages we each got. Jodi knows of a massage therapist who came to the cabin from 7:00 pm until about 1:30 am. This was my first massage and I really enjoyed it. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I could have layed on my tummy, but I still really liked it. He was great and affordable!

We scrapbooked until about 2:00 am, went to bed, woke up around 8:30 am, had a muffin for breakfast and worked some more. We cleaned up and left the cabin around 3:00 pm on Saturday. We decided that next time we should stay until Sunday morning. Thanks Jodi for inviting us, we had such a great time, and thanks Gord for being an awesome husband who was more than happy for me to spend the week-end solo. (He spoiled Taeya with Daddy/Daughter time, they went to McDonald's, swimming, to dinner, to get ice cream, hiking, watched a movie, and he even had time to do some woodworking)!

Jen, Mariel, the Massage Therapist, Tiara, Brandalyn, and Kelly (Jodi took the picture)

Jodi

Tiara

Kelly

Mariel and Jen

Kelly and I, taking a breather to enjoy the beautiful mountains in the morning!

3 comments:

Heats said...

Are you naked in that pic? LOL. So fun, sorry to have missed it!

Unknown said...

I can't believe you are pregnant were you prego's when I saw you at the jumping place? I will guess boy since everyone I know is having a girl. Congrats!!! We need to all get together this summer.

C Hall said...

Well, I like to think I woulda been there! Looks like fun:) That's one brave massage therapist to hang out at a girls' weekend! I don't recognize Jodi at all, but I'm assuming it's the same Jodi that lived by Kimberly? But the real question is, Did you get any pages completed ;)