Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Cabin

We spent the last weekend of September at the cabin. It was a beautiful weekend and we really enjoyed some family time. The other assigned weekends this summer we were busy and couldn't use the cabin so we were anxious to go. The weather was perfect and the scenary with so awesome with the leaves just starting to change.

Gordon bought Taeya a fishing pole before this trip and she was so excited to go fishing. Sadly we didn't catch any fish, but we still had fun.



Anastyn wasn't such a great fisherman. There wasn't really any place for her to walk around. We had only been at the lake for a few minutes when she slipped on the rocks, bumped her head and got all wet. Thank goodness she didn't mind just wearing a diaper.



Taeya wanted to go swimming so badly. I meant to bring her swimsuit but I talked myself out of it because I knew the lake would be really cold. She insisted on getting in so we just took off all her clothes! She didn't want to get in without Gordon. He is such a good sport - he got in, then she did, but they both lasted about 2 minutes. I was cold with just my feet in the water!

(both the girls were naked but I "put" a swimsuit on them both!)


Our little family. Pictures never do the scenary justice - it was so beautiful.



Me and my girls with a view from the boat launch ramp.



Anastyn loves to play with daddy!



My beautiful Taeya - she loves the water, just like her dad!



Taeya is turing into such a great big sister. These 2 really do love each other. Anastyn liked this side of the lake much better - she could walk around freely!



We sure do love the cabin.

4 comments:

Heats said...

I love the swimsuit touch-up! Awesome! Cute cute girls!

Sarah and Jeremy said...

Oh that looked like the perfect family getaway! You have the cutest girls. (just like their momma) by the way I don't know if you heard, but we are headed back to the US permanently next week. We'll be staying at Jer's parents for awhile. We are excited to be back in time for the holidays. I'll be setting up a hair appt soon and we can catch up! :)

Princess Carrie said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!

Mary said...

I especially love the picture with Taeya's arm around Anaystn. Darling girls!