Monday, June 4, 2012

Girls Trip

To start off the beginning of summer vacation, I took off on a girls trip to Chantel's cabin in Island Park. We had a great, great long weekend. We left on Thursday right after I picked Taeya up from school. I picked her up and dropped the girls off at Grandpa Lee and Grandma Laura's. They are always in good hands there. We drove to Idaho Falls, packed up Chantels car, gave the boys haircuts,  and made it all the way to Rexburg before we stopped for dinner. We were going to go all the way to the cabin but we were hungry and decided to stop and see Chelsea. When we finally made it to the cabin we unloaded the car and Cynthia and I watched "Soul Surfer."

Friday morning we got out the sewing machine and fabric and started making skirts. We stayed at the cabin that day and sewed and sewed and did everyone's hair (moms cut and color, Mariel's cut and color, Kimberly's cut and a little color, and a trim for Cynthia). That night we stayed up and watched a movie but I can't remember which one! (We watched alot of movies this weekend!)

Saturday we had a yummy breakfast and got ready and headed into West Yellowstone. We found a little place to eat some lunch and we walked around and looked at the shops before we went and saw the play "The Lazy Chapperone." After the play we headed back to the cabin for some more sewing, eating, and movie watching.

Sunday morning we went to sacrament meeting, came home, did some more sewing, eating, movie watching and more eating, sewing, oh and celebrating of moms belated birthday. Here is a list of all the movies we watched over the weekend: "Soul Surfer," "Footloose," "The Vow," "Beastley," "Confessions of a Shopaholic," "Footloose,"and "Letters to Juliett."  Did I remember them all??

Monday morning it was time to pack up, cleanup and head home. What a sad day. We had such a fun, relaxing weekend. Let's do it again next week! We sure did miss Kelly and Kristy though. Hopefully next time we will ALL be able to go.

Group shot after the play in West Yellowstone.
After church - cabin in the background - Mariel, Mom, Kimberly, Me, Cynthia, Chelsea, and Chantel
Another shot on the lake.
All the skirts we made!
Happy Birthday to mom, Kimberly made us yummy buttermilk pie.
This is where I spent a lot of my time!  I was so mad at myself for forgetting my sewing machine so we only had Chantel's to share, it definitely got a good workout!

1 comments:

kelly jewell said...

I missed out for sure. Cute post. You all look so pretty. I would have ruined that picture this year. :) Ha!